Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs, May he rest finally

All great creators of media, Michael Dell, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, George Lucas, Walt Disney, and the list goes on and on, know how to brand themselves as iconic and they come out to play games with people who either lack the inteligence or simply can't help themselves as addicts of technology. These men branded themselves and their names and their surnames... I mean brand names. Dell, Apple, Pixar, I-tunes, Garage band... I-pad, Microsoft, PC, IBM. It's a game to people who become iconic and worshiped like a god in front of the big apple with a bite out of it brand beaming at you like the cross.

Bill gates has his little flag too but no one was as much of a performer as Jobs.Not saying that it's a bad thing but the man was powerful and he knew it and he intentionally made himself a profit and it worked. He branded himself. I give you that but he also made out very well and died a happy man. A man being given a wake because death is a celebration of how well he made out in the world and that guy not only made millions but he became a dictator who may have new brands rise to meet him. I appreciate that he lived through cancer. That's a major accomplishment and I laud him but I think the ferocity that he went at grinding apple into people's heads, like apple sauce, has driven some crazy. Yes, I find apple to be sort of a disease on the world. Not that Jobs wasn't amazing to accomplish it but people have spent way too much money on the various apple things. I phones, I tunes, deals with google, Verizon, Sprint, I programs, I mail, I can't stand it any more.

Interesting that I bet few have heard the names, Sergey Brin and Larry Page. They created a major competitor of Jobs and yet they were not as vocal doing it. They keep their names off of brands. Yet you've heard of the android. Many people use them. They're continuing to invent but people don't worship them.

Ok I get it, you like your computer and all the stuff that you use with it but you don't NEED any of it. The prophet lies. They will not change your life or have changed your life, YOU with the power of your determination and will have. They're just tools to help you with your life.

Does anyone applaud the creator of the mouse? The the LD screen? These weren't Steve Jobs inventions yet he uses them for his creations. He is a false prophet and you are relieved your tension and, at least for a while, fear that you won't get the latest product from apple that eats your patience away. You didn't know this man, you knew his products. Remember that.

No comments: