Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dreams

Last night, my brain had a strange fecundity for odd dreams like a strange man in an outrageously dark costume riding into a circus tent to sing "what's this?" slightly differently; destroying the basket to his hot air balloon and then magically forming a new basket, floating away after he climbed a large staircase I'm the middle of the circus tent, singing until he disappeared.

Perhaps the most memorable in my odd procession of dreams, however, was meeting a girl out in a grassy parking lot outside of a water park. I told her I didn't want her to leave me and she said, "where am I gonna go? I love you." We went into the water park and proceeded to get on its largest ride which happened to be the log flume.

It was like a roller coaster of large rises and drops; we genuinely had a great time, and she stayed with me through the various tide pools where more people could get on. There were many of these but oddly enough, we stayed just the two of us for most of the ride.

Towards the end however, two kids, between the ages of 8 and 10 got into our log with us and I was having fun with them and living vicariously through their joy but she couldn't take it and she boarded another log, by herself until the ride was over. I didn't see her until the ride was over but the kids got off before the ride ended and I rode to the end by myself.

In that time, I began to enjoy the ride for the ride and at the end of it, we met up again to board a bus home. Some wild scraggly guys, looking like the possie from the movie, The Crow, got on our bus and sat across from us and they were loud and obnoxious until our bus split as if by osmosis and they went one way and we went another. I fell asleep on her shoulder and woke up to my phone ringing. I felt happy though and oddly confident when I awoke. Dreams are weird...

No comments: